ust for fun today I am sharing some drop cap “J” samples.
And what about a seasonal “J”
or a perspiring one?!
oy to the World, it’s nearly Xmas time again.
Our team recruits the world’s top experts, including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, celebrities, and Ivy League professors. These expert instructors have taught over 500,000 students on Udemy, helping them learn everything from programming to photography to design to yoga and more.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco, California. It was founded in 2010 & is funded by Insight Venture Partners, Lightbank, MHS Capital, 500 Startups and other investors who previously foresaw the internet giants YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Groupon and Yelp.
Udemy helps students make moves. Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy helps you learn from the amazing instructors in the world, so that you can get there and get there faster.
If you are an expert in some area, Udemy empowers you to create a course and teach online. Best online teaching tools (for free!), a supportive instructor community, and expert course creation & technical teams dedicated to your success.
The fall in value of currencies, while costs continues to rise is causing millions of older people around the world to fear what their life will be like in their senior years. There is so much uncertainty that retirement savings carefully put aside for all those years will no longer be sufficient to provide the expected comfort in later life. Such questions as what would happen if they developed health problems, what if one partner dies and the other is left, what if they could no longer afford to live in their family home.
It is not all doom and gloom. According to USNews Money department writer, Richard Satran in an article published 5th March 2103:
Fear has motivated people to start saving more, but here are two positive ways to upgrade savings
Given a half-decade of economic uncertainty, fear may still be the biggest motivator for retirement saving. The financial crisis inspired people everywhere to save more and hold off on short-term spending. “It shook people out of their complacency and got them thinking, ‘I should save more,'” says Ken Hevert, Fidelity’s vice president of retirement products. “All age groups—young people, too, are showing a tendency to be more conservative.”
New surveys by two leading financial-services companies show how attitudes toward saving have evolved, and highlight a couple of easy steps that can have a big impact on savings.
These easy steps can be summarized in the following two tips:
“Tip 1: Planning for retirement boosts savings dramatically” – the planning process gives them positive goals for retirement
“Tip 2: Putting eggs in more than one basket produces far higher returns” …. “opening more channels for collecting funds has a positive effect on the amount people save”
Does planning give people a sense of taking control of their lives which helps to overcome the fear factor?
Is there a topic that you have become particularly knowledgeable about? Have you had particular challenges in your life that you had to overcome? Do you have a hobby or a craft that you have a compelling interest in? Perhaps, you perfected a skill in a particularly technical area during your career. Did you ever think that you knew a better way to accomplish something, if only you had the chance?
All of us have some area of our lives that we have focused on enough to develop a particular set of skills in or knowledge about. We have come to take our experience, knowledge and skills for granted as we approach or reach retirement age.
What if there was a way that you could set up an “Information Stand” on your own street and have a stream of people arrive at your information stand each and every day. Heck, they each would even pay you a small fee to have their questions on your topic answered! Do you think that this might provide a little extra cash to supplement your retirement income? You bet it would.
Remember your childhood. Did you ever have a lemonade stand on your street on a hot Summer day? Yeah, it was great. Adults would pay 5 cents per cup (some would even pay more) and when you ran out of lemonade, you would simply make up another batch. You could do this until all of the adults had their thirst quenched and then sales would drop off.
Well, you can easily set up an “Information Stand” on the Internet at which to provide answers on the topic of your passion. There are some interesting characteristics of your “Information Stand” that make it better than a lemonade stand:
1. Unlike lemonade, you never run out of Information. In fact, you even gain more and better information as a result of the dialogue and the research that you do in building your Information Stand.
2. You become known as an expert. That’s right, the more activity that you have at your stand, the better you become known as a reliable source of information on your topic. In fact, when this occurs and the perception of your information becomes more valuable, people will be willing to pay more for your information.
3. Unlike the lemonade stand, you can sell the information without you having to be there. You can even sell information while you are asleep or out playing with the other ‘kids’!
4. As word spreads like a virus about your information stand, the sheer number of people coming to your stand will increase exponentially.
5. Instead of being limited to just your street, you can have your Information Stand on the biggest Information superhighway of them all – the Internet!
6. Unlike the lemonade stand, the line of people coming to your Information Stand never ends. In fact, as the word of your Information Stand gets out like a virus on the Internet, you will have an increasing number of people coming to you for answers to their questions. People from all over the world will be coming to your Information Stand all hours of the day and night! If you build it, they will come!
The very best news is that the technology now exists for you to establish your Information Stand on the Internet for an investment of less than $30 and a bit of your time. The software necessary to do this can be downloaded free of charge and the remaining components can be purchased inexpensively (Domain name – $12, Autoresponder – $20). You can visit my website to view video tutorials that show you exactly how to set up your Information Stand. It could not be easier!
Claim your place on the Internet today. Leverage your experience and knowledge into a stream of supplemental retirement income. You already have the knowledge needed, just carve out your niche and get going. It does not have to be perfect. In fact, it has been said that “Imperfect action is more productive than perfect inaction!” Take your first step today.
Some do not wish to have the responsibility associated with one and others are just simply clueless on how or where to start. This article focuses on some help in getting you started with a home based business and getting you on your way to success.
1) Advertising is always the most important aspect of any business. Even if your business is not home based, you still spend a significant amount of money on advertising. Since a home based business does not have a store front or a public office where they can advertise themselves, you must invest money in getting the word out to the world about your company. Consider internet marketing as a way for your business to expand in the world as well as advertising in local newspapers, billboards, and newsletters.
2) It takes time to develop clientele and make a significant amount of money through any business and this is not any different when it comes to a home based business. It is important to keep in mind not to get discouraged because your first few months are tough. Every business out there started somehow and many of them did not grow to be an overnight success. Keep at your business regardless how bleak it may seem at first, and you will eventually build your own trusted clientele and following.
3) Consider what types of equipment you need to purchase to run your business even if it is just a new printer or computer. It is important to shop around for the cheapest prices possible and opt to purchase what you can second hand. Make sure what you need is something that you have budgeted for.
4) It is important to understand the different tax laws and regulations associated with your business. Some businesses need permits as well as tax forms filed before even starting. You need to have a basic idea of how taxes work before starting your business so you ensure you will not lose any money when it comes to filing your taxes for the next year. Many items you purchase to start your business are considered tax deductible and it is in your best interest to research as much as possible to save money.
5) Come up with your own business plan. The most important thing that you can do for your home based business is to come up with a one year plan and what you hope to accomplish in that time frame. Make sure that you keep notes and ideas separate from your actual home information. Reserve a space for yourself within your house where you can work by yourself undisturbed. If you treat your business with dedication and as an actual business, you will more likely succeed.
Although starting up a home based business is a lot of responsibility and can be time consuming, you will find that the time will be worth it. Knowing what to do will provide you more success. It is important to take your time and plan things out and then take the plan and put it into action.
With all the free reports available these days, I download and read a great deal of them. You know the type of reports I mean, standard format, single column, eBook title, basic contents page and body. It was a pleasant surprise to see something different.
This eBook is from a guy called Daniel Sumner and naturally I was interested in finding out how his eBook differed from mine. His tag line for the eBook is Create Convert Cash-in!
This had me impatient to know what he had to offer and discover what was so special about the eBook Cycle. To my pleasant surprise, this was no regular eBook; it was presented in a novel format, single column, basic contents but it was visually enticing, full of colour, graphics, tips hints and very cool formatting, so kept me reading.
As I read, it was obvious that this was not a 10 minute quickie that you see so many of. There was time, effort and passion put into this mini masterpiece. It flowed nicely as I read, learning everything Daniel was writing and seeing the picture he was creating with his use of the images. I was learning a very important lesson in report writing in a very easy to learn way.
Daniel engages you a lot as you progress, so you feel that you're getting to know him, like him and trust what he has to say. He lets you into his world and you feel grateful for the information he is providing, and at the same time encouraging you to get to work to create your own eBooks better than you have before.
Why you should write an eBook
I'm very impressed with this eBook to say the least and will return to it when I create my next report or eBook. Its definitely one for the book shelf and future reference.
But best of all, it's free. Yes FREE! You weren't expecting that, were you?
I don't think I need to say more, so go experience it for yourself at: http://trishlikes.com/eBookCycle Give it a good read and please come back here and let me know what you thought of it. I would love to hear your comments!
World Traffic Summit is 3 days of easy-to-understand teaching on the subject of how to get loads of traffic (visitors) to your website – no matter what you sell.
The World Internet Summit team are bringing in the world’s best traffic experts to show us all how they get people to their websites. Meaning you’ll know how you can do it too. They’ll make their lessons quick, simple and practical for you, even if you’re a beginner.
Which all means, that you’ll know how to get traffic to your website as soon as you leave the event!
You’ll discover the latest and greatest techniques … including a ton of FREE strategies … for:
· Video marketing
· Article marketing
· Social media like Twitter and Facebook
· Search engine optimisation (SEO)
· Paid traffic
· Joint ventures
· Traffic harvesting
· Affiliate marketing secrets, and more
If you are struggling with getting visitors to YOUR website, check out the World Traffic Summit here.
Today I discovered Kiva, a marvellous method of helping people in other countries who are helping themselves. You can lend amounts as low as $25, making it possible for most people in western countries to help.
It is the world’s first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs around the globe
Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending for the sake of alleviating poverty.
The people you see on Kiva’s site are real individuals in need of funding – not marketing material.
This is a tip for beginners only! (If you’ve been using PCs for a while you’ll have worked out a method that suits you already).
Have you ever downloaded a piece of software from the internet and couldn’t find it later? It happens to thousands of people all over the world every day! An easy way to find it later is to first prepare a landing zone or a place where you know you can always find it.