The Young Adult’s Guide to Managing an Aging Parent’s Money
Thanks to Brigid Ludwig for pointing me to a new guide on helping parents manage their money as they get older. It covers important discussion topics and warning signs that they may need help, as well as how to become their power of attorney and keep track of their important financial documents.
The guide also has advice on
- ways to start a converstion about money
- touch on common scams and how to recognize them
- signs that it may time to step in and assist them in managing their finances
- become a Fiduciary
- gain access to their financial documents
- planing for their future
- protecting your own finances
- some additional resources for caregivers
Use this guide to organize you and your parents’ financial journeys and get ahead of any potential issues before they arise.