About This Blog
Introduction and Goals
Many of you don’t know me, so I’d like to briefly introduce myself and explain my goals for this blog.
My name is Trish Findlay and I live in Qld, Australia. I have two daughters and four grandchildren, many living on the other side of Australia and the rest of my family either in New Zealand or scattered all over the globe. I keep in contact via email & Skype as well as the phone.
For me, computers have always been fun, interesting and very useful so I started teaching others to help them to enjoy their computers more and to get more use from them. Gradually over the years this help became more constant and more structured, in some cases developing into proper lessons. Every now & again I would send out an email covering a topic several of my people were working through at the same time.
Now I have progressed to earning income using my computer and the internet and I know there are many others in my age group doing the same thing. It would be a pretty safe bet that most people would find it very useful to have extra income every month, so I’d like to see this blog cater for those wanting to take advantage of this opportunity as well.
So, the aims of the blog can be summarized as follows:
- to help people learn to use their computers proficiently
- to create a network for people to socialize online via email, live chat & blog posts
- to use the internet to search and for research
- learn how to play on-line games such as bridge, chess and shoot-em-ups if that is your fancy
- to help those who wish to continue further & utilize established techniques to make money from their PCs and from the internet.
It is my hope that by coming here often to check out what is on offer we can become a community that shares and grows together.
(For more details on my history and reasons for starting this blog, see the first post)
I can be contacted by email on [email protected]